Classic Home Line Details
Our “Classic” home line is designed around good quality products priced with the budget conscious buyer in mind. While the material are lower in cost, they reflect an excellent value for the money.
The “Classic” home specifications can be used on any standard or custom home. The specification guide was designed as a starting point, you decide what is of greatest value to you, and that's what we'll include in your home. Our goal is to provide the products you want at an affordable price; making the home buying experience fun and easy.
First Floor Materials
- Pressure-treated sill plate and sill seal
- 4x10 Solid hemlock header
- (4) 2x12 Girder beams
- Pressure-treated 6x6 girder support posts
- 2x10 Floor joists
- Metal joist bridging
- Metal joist hangers
- Construction Adhesive
- 3/4" OSB T&G subfloor sheathing
- Kiln-dried, precut, predrilled log wall system, 19 different profiles (shapes & sizes), 4 different corner options, and 3 different types of white pine logs: Premium, Early American & Strata (laminate) Log
- Kiln-dried log siding skirt board. Supplied with Mortise & Tenon corner option only
- Complete sealant, caulking, gasket, spline, and fastening system.
- Sashco exterior preservative
Gables & Dormers
- Kiln-dried log siding for exterior gables and dormers
- 2x white pine corner trim
- 2x6 wall and gable framing @16" O.C.
- 7/16" OSB wall sheathing
- 15lb felt paper
- R-19 fiberglass insulation for log siding walls
- 1" T&G white pine wall finish for the interior of exterior walls and ceilings
Insulated Log Package
- 2x6 gable and dormer framing @16 O.C.
- Kiln-dried log siding
- Kiln-dried corner extensions. Applicable per siding selection.
- 7/16" OSB wall sheathing
- House wrap
- R-19 Fiberglass insulation
- 1" T&G white pine wall finish for the interior of exterior wall
Second Floor/Loft Floor System
- Kiln-dried 6x8 loft joists/loft ties
- Kiln-dried 6x8 or 8x8 support posts
- 8x12/glu-lam loft beams (as required)
- Composition floor; 1" T&G ceiling finish with 3/4" OSB subfloor above
Roof Systems (some home designs have multiple roof systems)
- 1-7/16" x 11-1/4" Lamco engineered rafters @16" O.C. or 6x8 collar ties when applicable
- Premanufacturered roof and gable end trusses
- R-38 fiberglass insulation for 2x rafter or premanufacturered truss roof systems
- Insulation baffle board and plastic vapor barrier for 2x rafter roof & premanufacturered truss roof systems
- 1" T&G white pine ceiling finish
- 1x fascia wrapped with 1x aluminum fascia/ aluminum soffit
- 1/2" OSB roof sheathing
- 30lb felt paper
- Ice and water shield
- 25 year 3 tab Tamko shingles
- Drip edge, flashing, ridge vent, and strip vent
Exterior Doors & Windows
- Front entrance door; Therma-tru steel insulated raised panel with half round glass at top with Kwikset lock set and dead bolt
- Secondary entrance doors; Therma-Tru steel insulated raised panel with Kwikset lock sets and dead bolts
- Andersen 200 Series vinyl windows and gliding patio doors with screens and grilles
- 2x window and door bucks
- Exterior window and door trim
- 2x load bearing and non-load bearing partition framing walls @16" O.C.
- 1x white pine interior window and door trim
- 1x4 white pine baseboard
- 1x12 closet shelving, rods, and brackets
- Basement stairs: 2x12 stringers, 2x white pine treads
- Finish Stairs; 2x12 stringers, 2x treads, 1x risers
- Exposed stairs (per plan) 4x12 white pine stringers, 4x white pine treads
- Loft/stair white pine railing components: 4x4 posts, 2x4 railing, 2x2 balusters
- $2,000 allowance for 1x8 T&G white pine wall finish
- Prehung raised panel wood grain Masonite doors with Kwikset hardware
- 6x6 pressure treaded porch/deck posts and braces, 2x4 pressure treated railing and 2x2 pressure treated balusters
- Kiln-dried 6x8 porch header
- 2x pressure treated floor joists & headers
- Metal joist hangers
- 5/4" pressure-treated flooring
- 2x rafters and ceiling joists
- 4x8 T1-11 (5/8") ceiling finish
Garages - Log siding garages are standard, solid log garages are available upon request
- 2x pressure treated sill plate
- 2x wall framing @16" O.C.
- If garage is attached to home, the wall sheathing, roofing sheathing, shingles, doors/windows and fascia/soffit specifications will match the house specifications
- Kiln-dried log siding
- 2x trim corners
- Premanufactured roof and gable end trusses
- Dalton 9400 series overhead door(s) with opener
- If the garage is detached it will come with 1/2" OSB wall sheathing, 1/2" OSB roof sheathing, Therma-Tru steel insulated six panel entrance door, 25 year 3 tab Tamko shingles, an installed Dalton 9400 series overhead door with opener. Silverline windows, 1x aluminum wrapped fascia/soffits and trim corners
Interior Finish Materials
- Ultracraft kitchen and bath cabinetry. Choose from three door styles in oak and two doors styles in maple
- $1,800 allowance for laminate countertop in the kitchen and cultured marble countertops in the baths
- $100 allowance for for cabinet hardware
- Whirlpool refrigerator, range, microwave-range hood, and dishwasher. Based on the Estate product line. Available in white only.
- 2x4 framing, 1/2" sheathing and cultured stone from United Stone for the fireplace
- 6x12 heavy timber white pine mantle
- The Accelerator 36" wood burning zero clearance fireplace by Heatilator
- St. Andrews 2 1/4 wide oak hardwood flooring by Mullican. Choice of 6 different stain colors. Allowance provides enough flooring to finish a 16x26 room.
- Proflow one piece toilets, soaking tubs, kitchen and bath faucets, towel bars, towel ring, robe hooks, toilet paper holders, pedestal sinks if applicable, and stainless steel double bowl sink for kitchen. Sterling tub and shower units. Available in white and polished chrome only
- Savoy lighting package. Estimated number of interior and exterior fixtures to complete an average three bedroom, two & half bath home. Two collections to choose from in pewter finish.
- Delivery included within the continental United States
- Technical Assistance 1-800-326-9614
- Two-day building workshop
- Complete sets of construction blueprints
- Detailed construction manual and DVD
- An in-depth delivery DVD that ensures delivery day goes as smoothly as possible
- A two-day, expense paid trip for two to visit Kuhns Bros. Log Homes. You will meet with your own personal Kuhns Bros. Interior Design Consultant who will help you with selecting and coordinating your interior finish material selections. You will also get the opportunity to tour our complete manufacturing facilities.
- Presorted inverted stacking of logs
Compare All 3 Packages - Click Here
Materials will be supplied accordingly in relation to the desired log profile, floor / roof systems, etc. selected. In addition, pending these selections, plan adjustments may be required which can effect the overall size of the structure and base value, impacting materials and square foot pricing. The square foot pricing is based on square footage of living area and does not include the square footage of garage areas, porches and decks. The materials are subject to change without notice based on the manufacturer.